Tuesday, April 28, 2009

April 26th - Day 22

Sunday, always a good reason to be cheerful, not?

A walk in the morning and a walk in the afternoon today. My new shoes, Dora, has lost the new laces and gotten a new look. It's their first day at work and they're already hard at it. Why Dora you say? Simple. They are Diadora sneakers, you see, and "Dia Dora" in Malay means "He/She (in this case she, because Dora is obviously a girl's name?) is Dora". Here's Dora hard at work. They've got a demanding master.


The Midsummer Common is a very green place, despite the grass being overgrown. But it's the nature that it stands for that I like about it. The Jesus Green, however, is quite a flatland.

The river behind it is just wonderful. Take a look at those ducks and swans. And all those houseboats!!! Also, look what they found. Maybe the bike doctors could do something about it?


This is where the shallow waters and the deep waters meet. And in the guides it says it's where punting gives way to rowing. There's a water lock, to help ships or boats get into or out of the deep waters.

Look what I found around the city sometime after, a round church! Literally!!! All Saints Passage was all hidden, and it looked like a secret passage. Oh, and can you believe I found Royal Selangor in UK?! Indeed, Cambridge!! I'm very impressed.

Some window shopping and food shopping near the Grafton Centre in the afternoon. Found a few gems, haven't I? Oh, and I've got a good shot of The Elm Tree in the bright sunny sunshine, the pub Dave took me to the other night.

No comments:

Post a Comment