As usual I got to our office earliest and took the opportunity to take a picture before anybody came in. I have no idea why but I feel unprofessional snapping pictures in presence of other people. That feels like I'm a tourist, not a scientist. Ha ha ha ha... I'm temporarily placed in Room E2-04B in Sulston Building. Theresa told me I might get moved next week, so just in case, I had to get a picture. Oh, do you realise that my monitor is different? Ha ha ha ha... The new corner had a monitor, so I didn't move the one assigned to me.
Adam started our day by coming into the office and saying "It's Friday. I mean it's Thursday, but it feels like Friday." Ha ha ha ha. Yes. Everybody is in a very relaxed mood today. A lot of breaks, long lunches and teas. And at the end of the day, around 5, Alejandro insists that I shouldn't work and told Adam that maybe they could "bug Yealing over there, who looks like she's still working." They asked me questions about myself, one of them being if I like Cambridge better than Malaysia. Oh, that is a tough one. "It's incomparable, it's too different." and "I like everything here except the temperature part." I didn't know what to ask them when Alejandro said that I can ask 3 questions about themselves each, and I told them so. Adam then offered some information and said he's having a viva in two weeks. All the best to him then!
On the way home, I found two more buildings with my lucky number. The white door on the left picture is 107. They painted the numbers on the door white too. I wonder why. You could zoom in really close and you might see it, but if you must see it, look at the waste bin. That's a lot easier. And then that's No. 7 on the right. The number is right above the door.
That's me looking really holiday moody in the picture on the top left below, and that, on the top right, is the reason why Malaysian shoes will not last in England. No offense, really, I don't think England shoes would last in Malaysia either. Bottom row, my dinner: Spaghetti with microwave baked potatoes and chicken. The potatoes and chicken was overcooked because I had estimated that to cook for 40 minutes in the microwave like in the oven yesterday. And then I left it and went to watch TV. So they came out a bit too dry. The spaghetti was a little bit too plain because I had boiled it with salt and I had planned for the chicken to have some juice/gravy so I had only tossed it with a little virgin olive oil. Although quite a failure (at taste, but looks marvelous on photo), I finished everything when in fact, I had intended to leave some for tomorrow morning. There again, is an example of how my appetite can amaze even myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment