Thursday, April 9, 2009

April 8th - Day 4

Day 4 is not very interesting, actually. I did finally get to photograph my station, but almost right after, I had to move. The problem was that they placed me in a corner the other day, and when Thomas came back today, it seems impossible for me to be in that corner because I had to squeeze in between Adam and him. So, I moved to the other corner. I will take a photograph of the other corner maybe tomorrow. Ha ha ha ha...

Somehow after the move, my PC was lagging all day. It happens when I try to copy/move files. I wonder what's wrong or if I should put a "ticket" on about it. A ticket is what you call a complaint or a request in Sanger system. They have an internal system that takes care of IT problems. You have a problem, you create a ticket, some IT staff will look and it and decide they can solve it, then they will correspond with you over the system and every request and respond will be logged. Very systematic.

There's that station of mine in one piece before the move on the right. It looks really new although it says on one of the numerous stickers they have on it that it passed the system test in 2005. Left below is the corner I sat at until today. Adam is on my right and Thomas is on my left. So you can see how I don't annoy Adam much but when Thomas comes back it's such a big problem. It's also not enough that I took some of his space, obstructed his reach to his drawers (under the desk), I was using his chair too. Ha ha ha ha... Poor Thomas. The guys were joking him about being spacially challenged. And he joined in by saying he's an alpha-male that's very sensitive to space. But he's really very nice. He told me when I left the office that I'm welcomed to re-inhabit the area if I wish because he's on holiday tomorrow till next week. Really, people are so nice here.

In the right picture above, you can see what I see when I look out the window over at my old place. Shadows's probably obstructed some of the greeneries but you can get an idea. There's a sort of river at the back there and it's got a fountain on most day. At the moment I took the picture, it's off though, so you can't see it. Pity... Anyway, I don't have a window anymore when I loved to the other corner, on the right of Adam. But I also don't have the sun in my face anymore in the afternoon. Arnab was in talking to Thomas and asked him how he could see his screen. The sun was directly in his eyes. And Thomas said: "Oh I feel it." He's a very very funny guy who's supposedly very very intelligent at doing simulation.

I was really tired today, and I got home kind of hungry. And frankly I don't fancy chicken soup anymore if I have to have it three days in a row. So I tried baking chicken in the toaster oven we have. Quite like it, except I haven't marinated it in anything before I bake them, so they tasted really just like chicken. And I had in mind an image of that chicken turning brown like I've grilled it. Didn't happen, which was a little disappointing. I would've left it in the oven for longer, but I was hungry and tired and wanted to eat as soon as possible and go to sleep. Anyway it was nice. The potatoes especially. The carrots, though, made me think that I should be steaming them instead, because baking just throws away all the juice, and carrots are not meant to be eaten dry. Ha ha ha ha... Pictures of my dinner then.

No comments:

Post a Comment