Finally getting into routine, I think. Woke up at 6:30, logged on and chatted a little. Had breakfast and got ready to go to work. Left the house at 7:45 and walked to the Catholic Church. Took the bus to Sanger. Went to the Security Building to pick up my pass. It's Hideous! Why do all photographs of me that ends up on IDs have to be ugly? Is it because I myself am ugly???
I'm the first in our room, where my temporary desk is. But pretty soon everybody's in. In the morning Peg asked me to log in to meebo because she wanted to test her camera on iMac, which she just found. I did, she showed me her office and I showed her my room. For a moment while my webcam was on Adam passed by behind me, and Peg said he's handsome!!! Ha ha ha... I haven't had a picture of him to show though.
I went for lunch at about 1pm at the Murry's (if I spell it correctly) cafe. Had a hard time when I was paying. Because I don't know one coin from the other. The lady at the cashier looked really impatient as I counted out the coins. She must be thinking: "Stupid foreigners!!!" But I was glad there were no one behind me at the line. The food was expensive, if nothing else. But that was an over-statement. I'm earning MYR, of course GBP is too much for me!!! It was delicious. And it warmed me up a little.
By the afternoon, the only person who hadn't have coats on (Alejandro) asked (finally): "Is it just me or is it cold in here?". Ha ha ha ha... Obviously it's not just him. I'm the worst one I think, because I never took off my coat since I got in. And in the afternoon Adam did something funny on his Macbook. He took a picture of his desk and had it set as desktop background on the Macbook, then he adjusted the Macbook so that it looks like he had the transparent Macbook. Ha ha ha... It didn't work out as he wished and he said "It just shows how much more effort it takes than what I'm willing to put to be perfect." We laughed, but it was the idea itself that was interesting.
I missed the Route 1 bus, and had to ask the Route 3 bus driver to drop me off at the Catholic Church. Route 3 bus only pass by Catholic Church if there's an overspill from Route 1 bus. When I asked him (on the steps of the bus) if he would be going to Catholic Church, he said: "We are now." Ha ha ha... Englishmen just have to put a sense of humour into their speech. I took a lot of pictures on the way back today. Probably because I'm seated alone at the window seat and I feel less embarrassed to do so.
There, on the left, is the Genome Campus signboard, taken as my bus is just about to leave. And on the right, the Secuirity Building, from which I claimed my hideous ID card this morning.
The bus had gone through a different route than the morning bus or the Route 1 bus I got on yesterday. So there were a lot of new surprises while I snap away. The following shows a car yard with minis for sale on the top left, and there on the top right is a tree full of blossoms. I've been amazed since I came, that the trees here are either bare like the bottom right picture of the Greens (again) or full with blossoms of brilliant colours -- white, red, pink, yellow, purple... like the one in the top right picture. I don't know if you can see it clearly, but there's a stand selling Fish & Chips under the blossom tree. I have not eaten Fish & Chips yet. But I do believe I will get a chance to. There, on the bottom left, is a clump of wild daisies growing on the Greens. Snapped it on my walk back.
Also on the bus, I've found the third building that bears my lucky/favourite number, so I snapped a picture because the bus stopped right next to it, placing me right in front of it. A direct shot at number 17 of an unknown Street/Road. You can click the left picture below to see the original size and try your best to zoom in onto the number plate. Ha ha ha ha... Pa once told me that snapping a picture is useless without a person in it. Because having yourself in a picture proves that you were there and the picture is not downloaded from the net or something like that. Well, pa, I disagree, but I had fun trying out self-potrait shots and pick one of the best that shows me with the Catholic Church, so there it is, on the right below. I'm sorry I can't smile well, the wind's in my face, and I'm freezing.
No comments:
Post a Comment